Recording Harmonica Remotely – Good Business.
- Time efficient – while I’m recording my harp and editing my takes, you can utilize your time for other projects.
- Cost effective – I charge no more than an ‘in-person’ harmonica session, but save you and your studio the recording and editing time normally required.
- Quality – If you like the samples of my work on this site, be confident that I can do the same with your projects. Hear My Audio Samples
- Experience – over 45 years of it. I’ve worked with well over 100 different producers and musical directors over the years and each session has demanded something a little different from my harmonica playing – style, sound, approach. Through that process, I’ve learned to read what is required and play to support the song and the artist.
Typically, the process is as follows….
- You send me an mp3 of the mix plus a basic “brief” of what you are looking for..
- I send you one harp track for proofing (my track in a mix with your original).
- We discuss any changes, make the revisions and record a 2nd version to your needs.
- I send 2 final harp tracks (“dry”) in the high-res format you require. These tracks are fully edited before sending and very usable as is.
- You have the option of using one of these tracks as is, or a comp can be made from the 2 takes.
Each harmonica session is a little different and my fees can vary a little depending on what’s required and the usage. For that reason, I can’t offer a “set fee”, but I would be happy to discuss your project (via email is fine) and get back to you with a firm quote right away. Some discounts may be discussed for multiple tracks.
If at all possible, send me a rough mix of the tune when inquiring and tell me a bit about the project and its intended usage – album, movie score, TV broadcast etc.
If you are in Canada or the US, I would be happy to call you to talk about your project by phone 1-705-794-5939.
Deposits (50%) can be made through PayPal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The balance to be paid on completion.
Fast turnaround time? No problem.
Tight deadlines have always been the “norm” in this business. I am very confident that I can meet your requirements.
To assist, here is a checklist of information that will make the project go smoothly:
• Count in or click if I’m in off the top
• Is there any specific direction or can I use my own discretion –
– Which sections to play through
– Any specific lines required?
– Style direction – aggressive, laid back, bluesy, melodic etc.